miércoles, 16 de septiembre de 2015

Interview w/Forde Brookfield (Baghead Skateboarding Apparel)


1.Forde! chaotic greetings from Peru Hell man! all good in Baghead Skateboarding Apparel?
Everything is good here dude. Everyone is well, killing it as usual and being more productive than ever.


2.Tell us how he formed Baghead Skateboarding Apparel? 
Baghead started a long time ago, roughly 4/5 years coming to think of it - between my friend Jacob Tyson and I. He was skating a spot with two drunk dudes beside him. One of them told Jacob about how he used to skate in his teenage years - to which his friend replied "You fucking Baghead, no you didn't!" It made me laugh for hours, so I started to write it on peoples boards, griptape or whatever else they wanted to written on.


3.How is the underground skateboard scene in your city?
Underground skateboarding is stronger than ever right now. Our scene in Leicester, UK is doing pretty well. It's not as underground as it used to be with the help of many of the amazing filmers and skateboarders here in our scene. We where told by a friend in Bulgaria that he contacted a skate store in London to pick up a copy of BAGHEAD KILLS to which they replied "that's underground dude" (or at least that's what he said). If Baghead is considered underground, then I'm stoked. Underground skateboarding rules.


4.Now tell me how as your started in the skateboard? 
I started when I was 14 years old. It's great to see the amount of positive energy in skateboarding now for young children starting around the age I did, and even younger. It was a lot more quieter when I started skateboarding.



5.Influences in Baghead Skateboarding?
I'm influenced by everyone I film. I'm not too sure what they're interested in, but if I was to talk as a whole I'd say fast music, beer, tits, skulls, art & weed.


6.I see a model board in Baghead,later there will be other?
The model board was for George Nokes-Chapple, it was just a one off by fellow crew member Jazz Wade. Jazz kills it, he's off to Bristol to study illustration. 
Best of luck to him. George and himself have some amazing footage in the upcoming Baghead video.


7.Baghead too is a crew from pure freaks,i think? tell me more about that?
Everyone I've been filming is in some way mental in my opinion. They're all funny and just see skateboarding in a different way and that's funny to film. I get to see how they work, how their minds tell them whats good and bad and how they react to skateboarding. 



8.Street? Bowl?
It was more park and bowl, now it's mainly just street unless we find some street transition. 


9.Future plans in Baghead Skateboarding?
Introduce as many new sections as I can per video. Always include everyone I've filmed previously but also focus on the new people in the video. It's all about change and it's interesting to have difference in skateboarding videos. Someone else's approach to skateboarding is completely different to everyone else I film, it's really intriguing.  



10.Last words bro!
Thankyou for this interview Diego, sorry I couldn't be more informative.
@bagheadcrew
Watch BAGHEAD KILLS.




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario