martes, 19 de diciembre de 2017

Interview - Mark Foster (Heroin Skateboards)


1.Loud and fast greetings from Perú,Mark! how are you bro? hows going the things in Heroin Skateboards?
All is well here mate. Celebrating 20 years of the brand next year. 


2.Let's start from the beginning,tell us how you decided to form this infernal brand of destructive skateboarding?
I was in a hospital bed with a broken wrist when I decided to start a skateboard company. I knew I was in it for life and completely addicted, so I chose the name Heroin right there and then. I had no place to live and my girl had left me at the time. The name is also ironic because I’ve never done drugs, I’m anti drugs actually. So there were a lot of factors starting the brand and with the name. I drew the first logo with my left hand. (Switch) 



3.Which are for you the influences that have impacted on Heroin Skateboards?
Black Coffee, Tom Waits, Eric Dressen, Black Flag, Bad Brains, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Jean Michel Basquiat, the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Jean DeBuffet, Nick Cave, Stockwell skatepark, Anti Hero Skateboards, Simon True, Neil Blender, English Breakfasts, Hunter S Thompson, Bukowski, Todd Francis, Mark Gonzales, Natas, Minor Threat, Scarecrow Skateboards, Crazy Eddie, Jason Adams. 















4.Currently what is the crew or team of Heroin Skateboards?
Deer Man of Dark Woods
Chopper
Daniel Shimizu
Chet Childress
Tony Karr
Lee Yankou
Nick Michel
Nick Rodriguez
Pat Franklin
Tom Day
Joe O Donnell
Frank Shaw
Zach Riley
Craig Questions Scott
Leon Chapdelaine
Zack Krull
Corey Leso
Stephen Malet
Shane Powell
Aaron Wilson




5.Craig Questions does a sickly job with his demented artwork on Heroin Skateboards,something you want to add about this?
I met Craig when he was about 15 and he was super annoying, he’d ask you 5 Questions and not give you the time to answer any of them, it took a few years to get used to what he was like, but deep down he’s a really good guy. He did a board for me ages ago when I had a pro board, and he always hits me up with ideas for board graphics. He’s one of my best friends now. Stoked I got to see him last week and Skate with him. 


6.Explain us about the killer underground skateboarding scene from your city? some diy spots there?
Which City? I grew up in Manchester, lived in London for 18 years then moved to LA, also spent a lot of time in Paris and Osaka, so I don’t know which one you mean. 


7.You're aware of the South American underground skateboarding scene?
Not too much, no. 


8.How and where the Heroin maniacs find the destructive stuff from Heroin Skateboards?
They all contact me from all over the world, like the Japanese guys as well as the Canadian guys from Barrier Kult and the guys in England who I grew up skating with, they all seem attracted to the originality of the brand I guess. 


9.Morbid future plans?
20 year anniversary next year! Got loads of fun stuff coming up for that. Not sure after that, just keeping working on it all. 


10.Mark thanks for your time in this interview,last words bro!
Fuck drugs, let’s Skate.


1 comentario:

  1. Only the man with balls have skateboard, guys I am looking to share my Hikole Skateboard Review hope you like it and share it.

    ResponderEliminar