miércoles, 24 de mayo de 2017

Interview - Marie Dabbadie


Marie Dabbadie - A Tribute to Bordeaux Skate Punks presented at Vert Attack 2017

1.Hey Ho! Marie,greetings from Peru,how are you? hows going the things there?
Hey Diego! Everything’s great! I’ve just been to North America to skate and take photos for 2 weeks and now I’m back in Malmö and the Vans Park Series is happening. A lot of skating, a lot of fun!



Marie Dabbadie layback 180 out in a pool in Oregon

2.I saw your work and is sick and amazing! incredibles takes in your photos and insane spots,tell me how you
start take photos and which are your inspirations in your work.
I started taking photos really early about 12 years ago with any camera I could find. I thought it was cool to capture specific moments and create different narratives with image composition. I try not looking too much at other people’s work when I want to get inspired because I always want to produce something unique and that I’ll enjoy looking at. I prefer getting inspired by traveling places and getting lost. But I definitely look up to Vivian Maier, Simone de Beauvoir, Raymond Pettibon and all the incredible people I meet every day. 



Anthony Mura around Bordeaux by Marie Dabbadie

3.Actually you work to some magazine? or some photo gallery?
I have my own zine - Xem Skaters! It’s a zine gathering art, skate photos, interviews and much more of/about genderqueer and genderqueer-friendly people that skates. I am non-binary genderqueer, I don’t believe in gender and I want to include and give visibility to people that experience their gender outside of the norm in skateboarding. Skateboarding is for everyone. And now I am planning to make a zine about the punk hardcore shows I go to and a photozine about my trip in Portland, Seattle and Vancouver. It’s exciting!


Xem skaters 1 and 2 by Marie Dabbadie

4.Talking about your skateboarding...tell me how you start ride skateboarding around the world? your influences?
Skateboarding has been a huge part of my life for 10 years. I always travel with my skateboard unless I want to focus on other aspects of the place I go to. My influences are anyone that skates with good energy and has fun no matter how good they are. But I’d say that a mix of Nolan Johnson and the Magenta boys are something I aspire to.



Xem Skaters 1 in the making

5.Some hardcore punk bands influence in your skateboarding and in your work?
I’ve been a punk hardcore show rat since I lived on my own. Here are some of the bands that first come up to mind for these days’ influences: Minor Threat, G.L.O.S.S., Gorilla Biscuits, Priests, Lowest Priority, Eekum Seekum. 



Snor's last show at Enskiftet, Malmö by Marie Dabbadie

6.Your opinion about:
THRASHER MAGAZINE: Very kool but could improve by including less sexualization of women and more actual she-shredders pics and interviews
LOWCARD MAGAZINE: Never had one but Lowcard seems rad so I’m looking forward to read it
VARIAL MAGAZINE: Never heard of it. Do you recommend it?
CONFUSION MAGAZINE: Best European mag!



Edouard Damestoy at Vert Attack, Malmö by Marie Dabbadie

7.You have in mind travel to South America and take some photos and ride skate someday?
Sure, why not?! Can I stay on your couch?



Olof at one of the DIYs in Copenhagen last Sunday by Marie Dabbadie

8.Where the homies can see your work give us some links?
Website: www.marie-dabbadie.com
instagram: @emptymindscanfillagain & @xemskaters
Buy my zine here: http://xemskaters.bigcartel.com/ 



Helena Long, Portland by Marie Dabbadie

9.Marie thanks for your time in this interview,last words.
stay weird, skate weird, push hard and have fun
Shout out to Unity Skateboarding (@unityskateboarding) for helping me out and for being awesome at supporting all the queer community that skate.


Flyer for Vert Attack - Marie Dabbadie

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario